Here’s the Cream of the Crop, comments (slightly modified) from the “Reasons for Signing” the petition against the TV licence fee. Drum roll please!
The TV licence Fee is like…
– pelting my neighbour’s house with eggs then charging them for the eggs. Ben B.
– being told, in a supermarket, “you must buy this mouldy loaf of bread you will never use for £145, or we will prosecute you”. Chris H.
– making Tesco the National Supermarket and charge people a fee if they only shop at Aldi. (Ian M.) and then, demanding access to their kitchen to check their fridge (@tvlicensingblog)
– having fishing rods, but no licence for it. If you don’t fish, you don’t need a licence, simple. Where does it say that it’s the Law to tell the TV Licencing Authority that I don’t watch TV? Nikita W. and Teri W.
– Prosecuting people for TV licence evasion is like prosecuting people for collecting rain water instead of using the tap. Caroline L-B
– being asked to pay for a service that I never signed a subscription for. Dean S.
….Oh wait, that last one is not an analogy at all. It’s the truth!
Feel fee to add clever analogies of your own as a comment.